Saturday, September 17, 2016

What I Wore to America

I had the best chance to step my foot, for the very first time, on the land of the free and the home of the brave - United States of America.  And I was there for one month and have experienced a number of firsts in my lifetime.


But right now, I am sharing some of my #OOTD  during this trip.  You might see that there are less than 30 outfits since I was not at all times keen to take snapshots of what I wore. 

 I was very challenged during preparing my clothes for the month-long trip.  I had to pack wisely and still made sure that my personal style is not sacrificed considering I am only given 56 kg of baggage allowance.  And I was also ready to take on another challenge of mixing and matching only a number of wearable pieces for a 32-day, inexact, of work and vacation trip and with a weather that my body is not accustomed to.  It was the end of fall season and the opening of spring that time.

Let's start off with my outfits in CALIFORNIA, U.S.A, where I spent 8 days in this state.

Day 1 -
 arrived in Anaheim, California and had lunch right after we checked in Knott's Berry Farm  Hotel




What I wore in Los Angeles, California:

 This is what I wore when we were brought to Universal Studios in L.A. by my officemate's aunt.  My first time in Universal Studios, another of my "firsts" experience since I have not even gone yet to Universal Studios in Singapore.

This photo was taken in one of the alleys in Rodeo Drive.

What I Wore in San Francisco, California:




The remaining days of my trip in the U.S.A. were spent in the state of Georgia.  I had to be there to be with my sister in preparation for her wedding, and of course to be her Matron of Honor on her most awaited big day.

Below are photos of some of my outfits in Woodstock, Georgia:

 The picture above was taken on the first day of Spring 2016 in the U.S.A.  It was my first time to welcome the first day of any spring season - another first in my lifetime.

 This is what I wore during the first tea party that I attended, another first in my list!  It was the birthday of my sister's sister-in-law.  Me, looking prim and proper for an all-female party.


 This is what I wore during the Easter Sunday Mass in the Roman Catholic Church in Woodstock.  Another first on my list - first time to celebrate Easter in another country.

Wore this heavy knit for a cold day shopping tour around Woodstock, Georgia


Preppy look for some shopping at The Outlets in Atlanta

"howdy-rowdy" inspired outfit for a stroll and sightseeing at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park

 My Pink and Blue ensemble at the Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta, Georgia:, see photo below


My next series of post will probably be about my trip in America, do look forward to it.  I am really excited to share the places I have gone to and the varied experiences I had in America.


Travel and Live in style, every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WAKE-ME-UP