Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Trend Alert: Pleated Midi Skirt in Vintage Marsala

The word vintage is hackneyed and overly cliched, do you so agree?
But then again, here I am, using the word as another title for my blog post.


Why use the word "vintage"?  My outfit in this post is a mix of seemingly "vintage" and brand new fashion pieces.  I love mixing and matching vintage (thrifted or hand-me-downs) and contemporary (modern or even futuristic) pieces in one look.


In this post, I am also sharing a HOW-TO-WEAR a certain fashion piece.  Heard of a MIDI-MAXI SKIRT DRESS?  It is actually just a maxi skirt that is worn as a dress.  How is it worn?  By pulling up the garterized waist of the skirt up to the neckline, and there you have a dress, now in midi-length.  You can opt for cinching it with a belt or have it loose.


F.Y.I.
The PLEATED MIDI SKIRT is one of the trends for Spring 2016. Click HERE for more details of the trends for the season.


What I Wore:
marsala maxi pleat skirt + printed cropped cardigan - unbranded (thrifted) / hat - unbranded @ Goodwill, Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A /black  stretch belt - G. Country Mall / marsala embellished flats - Steve Madden @ The Outlets in Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A. / necklace - gifted


Live in style, everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

WAKE-ME-UP